Survivor One World Preview: Salani (aka the Women)
Only a few days left before Survivor One World premiere, so here are my first impressions of the Salani tribe, that is the women.
Remember, those are just first impressions, I could be totally wrong, especially because the CBS pregame interviews don’t give us much to chew on.
- Alicia Rosa: I don’t know about you, but I get a bad vibe from her. Some sort of mix of Semhar Tadesse and Stephanie Valencia, two of the women I disliked the most on Survivor in recent memory. I hope she gets the Semhar treatment (her tribe realizes early she’s not made for this game and give her the boot), but I’m afraid she’ll be some sort of Stephanie; annoying, bitchy, but managing to stick around for a certain number of episodes. I don’t see her making the merge though.
- Chelsea Meissner: Wow, she’s pretty. Also, for some reason I find her accent terribly sexy (I know I must be one of the few people around finding this accent sexy in a girl). Apart from that, I’m not too sure what to think of her. She seems very good at all things physical (provider? challenge master?), I’m not too sure what she is worth (if anything) on a social and strategical level. I have the feeling that she’s about to become some sort of female Ozzy. We’ll see.
- Christina Cha: I want to like Christina, but I don’t know, something already annoys me with her. I guess it’s the fact that she seems to be confusing Survivor with her everyday life (i.e. she’s a successful, overachieving person in her life, so she thinks all she needs is hard work and a good sales pitch to win Survivor). She may be in for a tough awakening. However, if she manages to make a good alliance early one, she may be able to go far. If she comes off too strong to the wrong people, she may be an early boot.
- Kat Edorsson: I hate the expression “blonde airhead” but she really looks like one. The two adjectives that come to mind right now about her are: useless and uninteresting. I hope I’m wrong.
- Kim Spradlin: On the other hand I’m already a fan of Kim’s and I hope she goes far (until the end actually). She seems fun, smart, outdoorsy, likable, and more. her only problem maybe that she’s too nice for this season that feels like it’s going to be quite cutthroat.
- Kourtney Moon: Same thing goes with Kourtney, I really like her too. She seems “real” not like many of those “hoping to become noticed” attention seekers that come to this show way too often. On the other hand, I’m not sure she has what it takes to survive if the game gets nasty.
- Monica Culpepper: I kinda like her too. I don’t know how well she can do. She could do great and be at the core of a powerful alliance if she doesn’t get ostracized for one reason or the other (too bossy?) at the very beginning.
- Nina Acosta: I’m afraid that she’ll have trouble fitting in. She’ll need to find an alliance real quick (with Monica, Kourtney, Christina and/or Kim?) and prove herself worth keeping real quick, or she could be a very early boot.
- Sabrina Thompson: I like Sabrina, she seems pretty fun to be around. Right now, because it’s always hard to not compare with past contestants, I see her as a go-between Cirie Fields and Stacy from last season. Let’s just hope her destiny is closer to Cirie’s.
Ok, that’s it for today, see you on Thursday for my analysis of Survivor One World premiere.
Meanwhile, share your first impressions of the women in the comments.
Latest posts by David Billa (see all)
- Game Changers – Season Finale - May 25, 2017
- Game Changers – Episode 6: “What Happened on Exile, Stays on Exile” - April 13, 2017
- Game Changers – Episode 5: Vote Early, Vote Often - April 6, 2017