Survivor 22 – Redemption Island: You mangled my nets!
At this point, the only thing that could redeem Redemption Island is if Phillipactually turns out to be the most amazing special agent and reveals at the final tribal that he played them all since day one. Anything short of that will rank this season among the worst.Also, I know I’m not going to make friends here, but what’s up with the religious nutjobs getting glorified this season? I know America is currently on a slippery slope heading towards more and more religious fundamentalism to the point that sometimes I have more and more trouble seeing the difference between some American Christians and other religious wackos, whether it is in Israel or in Afghanistan, but at least for the past 10 years, those crazy people were presented as crazy people on Survivor, not as heroes. First Matt, and then Mike, not mentioning Natalie’s mom.
Survivor, come on, for the past 10 years you did a great job at staying neutral and sensible when politics, religions and sensitive topics like that were involved. What’s happening to you?
Ok, let’s talk about the game a little (although there isn’t much game going on this season).
– Matt Elrod lives another day: Not much to say about Matt today, except that his dominance in challenges seems to be slowly fading as it has been beaten several times by Mike now. On the other hand, as you don’t have to win those “duels” to keep on going, why stand out even more than you already have (yet, I’m not sure Matt has this much reasoning in him).
Was it a strategic move from Mike to let Ometepe see their loved ones? It had to be at least partly (the other part being religious wackiness). Was it a good move? I’m still debating it. I seriously doubt that it won him any jury vote from Ometepe, but it definitely seems that he lost Ralph’s. However, he also seems to have secured Matt’s because Matt is masochistic like that. Of course, it would have been a mistake to let Ralph and Matt have their loved ones and uplift their spirits and make them harder to beat in the next duel. I think the best option there was to be selfish, nobody would have had hold it against him and if anybody did, we can be sure that they were not going to vote for Mike in the final if he’s there anyway.
– Ralph Kiser sent to Redemption Island:Ralph is pissed at Mike as he should. Will this have any sort of influence for the duels and/or the final vote? I seriously doubt it. I still hope that Ralph makes it back from Redemption Island, but his edit right now (or lack of thereof) makes it look more than unlikely.
– Steve Wright is the third member of the jury: He was spent. And he spent most of his time since the merge wanting to go home. Sometimes Survivor hits big guys harder than smaller ones, as they need more energy and food. Another example that Survivor is the real deal (wow, what’s happening to me, has Jeff Probst possessed me for a minute here?)
The Murlonio/Mariano Tribe
And please people, stop saying that he’s playing the best game of Survivor ever. Him playing with people like Natalie and Ashley, is like me in a spelling bee contest in French and against Ralph. And no, that wouldn’t make me the best spelling bee contestant ever.
Grant is he doesn’t win immunity. Ashley if Grant wins immunity.
At Redemption Island, depending on the type of duel, Ralph or Andrea will be sent to the jury.
Final and Winner:
Is someone from Redemption Island makes it to the final (and by someone I mean Matt or Mike) they’ll win no doubt. If Phillip reveals that he’s the best actor ever, he could win too. Is there any scenario where Rob can win? I seriously doubt it… Natalie and Grant also have their chance to win if they make it to the final, and in the case Vecepia Towery and Natalie White can celebrate, they won’t be the worst Survivor winners ever.
And you? What do you think? Who do you think is out next, will come back from Redemption Island and who will win it all?
Latest posts by David Billa (see all)
- Game Changers – Season Finale - May 25, 2017
- Game Changers – Episode 6: “What Happened on Exile, Stays on Exile” - April 13, 2017
- Game Changers – Episode 5: Vote Early, Vote Often - April 6, 2017