Survivor 22: David Murphy
31 year-old attorney from California.
I don’t know about you, but I have the feeling that David could be a very interesting contestant.
What are his strong points in my opinion?
- He’s intelligent.
- He seems that he will be a very strategic person.
- He basically says that he will have a very strategic game and that he will play down his intelligence (can he?). When that strategy works, it can be a killer and can bring you to the final tribal council, maybe even make you win a million bucks.
What are his weak points?
- If he can’t stand stupid people, will he be able to lay low and not make enemies?
- He may be too sure of himself.
- He never watched Survivor before being cast. So how well does he really understand the game?
- These three points make me think that his social game will be weak.
How will he do?
- That’s a good question. I think that more than ever, who his tribemates are and how well he will get along with them will play a big role in his success in the game.
- That being said, I really don’t see him being an early boot. He should make it to the merge at least.
- Also, I think of all of the new players, he’s the one with whom the “Russell/Rob Factor” will be the most important. I mean that, regardless which one of the two end up in his tribe, David is the one player that has the most chances to be “noticed” by Rob/Russell and that will become either an close ally or an early target of his. I’d say that is he ends up with Russell, he’ll be a target, if he ends up with Rob, he could be his ally.
What do I think of him so far?
- I like him. I don’t know how he will be in the game (and how his edit will be), but right now, he seems the kind of player that I like (intelligent and strategic). I even think that except if he has a terrible social game (a thing I don’t exclude at this point) or if he gets screwed by a twist, he has a good chance to go to the final tribal council and possibly win.