Survivor 22 : Andrea Boehlke
So this is it. The cast has been announced, the rumor has been confirmed. Now it’s time to see what those people are made of. During the next few days I’ll try to see what can be said about the new people, solely based on the few “official” information we have (from now on, I’m staying away from spoilers and that, until the end of the season), that is mostly the interviews on CBS’s official website and EW’s Dalton Ross pre game interviews (if you think I should check other sources, please tell me which ones).
Before we start with our first contestant today, I have a personal message in form of an open letter to Jeff Probst (although I doubt he’ll ever read this):
I think you’re a great host. Yeah, I even think it despite the horrible job you did on the Reunion Show last December. I don’t know you as a person, and I don’t really care about who you are in real life as long as you stay a good host for the show. But don’t forget one thing. It’s we, the fans, that make Survivor the successful show that it is. Mark Burnett had the idea with Charlie Parsons, they imported the show to the US, it became the hit that it is (with the help of Richard Hatch), but today, it’s us the fans that allow you to be a successful host. Don’t ever forget that, especially now that you’re executive producer of the show too and that you’re inserting stupid ideas in it such as bringing back Russell Hantz and Rob Mariano for the too-manieth time. So when you say things like: “If you’ve had too much of Russell, I dare say you’re not really a Survivor fan” I want to tell you: “Screw You!” You get to tell who’s a good Survivor contestant, but you don’t get to tell who’s a real Survivor fan and who’s not!
This show is ours as much as it is yours, maybe more ours.
And don’t ever forget that if it was not for us fans, you wouldn’t be anybody special. More important: don’t forget that one day Survivor will be over, and that day, you won’t be anybody special anymore. You’re typecast now, you’re the Survivor host, you will never do anything as big ever again. Don’t ever forget that.
And while I wish you the best in life, I also wish you wouldn’t forget who you owe your respect to, and professionally speaking, that’s the fans.
Now that is out of the way, let’s start talking about this season’s first contestant:
So she’s from Wisconsin, she’s 21 ans she’s a student.
What else did we get from the pregame interviews?
That she’s a farm girl, that she can be flirtatious, and that she seems to be quite talkative and have a strong personality.
What are her strong points in my opinion?
- She’s used to being outdoors.
- She seems to be hard working.
- She seems to be knowing the show quite well.
What are her weak points?
- I assume she will be annoying to some people quite quickly (the few minutes I heard her speak, I was already annoyed).
- She will be polarizing. I assume some people will love her in her tribe and some people will hate her.
- She said that she doesn’t like Courtney Yates! That’s a big no no for me. I won’t be rooting for you if you don’t like Courtney! (Yeah, I know that this will have no influence on how well she does in the game, but it already has an influence on how well I will like her and portray her on this blog.)
How will she do?
(in answering that question I’m aware that I’m not really taking into account – although I’m going to try to do it as much as possible – the “redemption island” factor, as I’m still not sure how it will actually influence the game)
- I think she will either be an early boot or go quite far (but not to the end), depending on how she will get along with the people in her tribe.
What do I think of her so far?
- I’m not a big fan. As I previously said, she’s already annoying me and she seems to me that she’s one of those 21 year-old girls who think they’re god’s gift to earth, who think that they can do no wrong, are perfect and even after they do something wrong, they won’t admit it was their own fault. Expect some bitter final words if she gets blindsided.
The following two tabs change content below.
Frenchman, addicted to Survivor (yes, there is such a thing) to the point of having a blog dedicated to the show where I like to analyze and speculate about what we see every week.
Latest posts by David Billa (see all)
- Game Changers – Season Finale - May 25, 2017
- Game Changers – Episode 6: “What Happened on Exile, Stays on Exile” - April 13, 2017
- Game Changers – Episode 5: Vote Early, Vote Often - April 6, 2017